Option of saving incomplete tutorials and making them invisible to public.

telcnas
  6 years ago
  Under dev. review

So far there is no such option of making tutorials or articles public or private. Say I'm writing a tutorial which is quite lengthy and does consists different object like images,text etc.
Now I would like to keep my tutorial informative plus I would also like to work on the representation part of the tutorial. In this manner I can do the complete justice to my tutorials and the readers. But for all this I'll need a good time slot which is unluckily not available to me.
So one possible solution is to write the tutorial in fragments as per the available time slots and making that work private or invisible unless it get completed. Once the whole tutorial gets completed I'll make it public and visible to my viewers.

Storing incomplete tutorials to some other places and then copying it (which may consist both text and images)once it get completed and reformatting it according to the options provided here makes the whole task time consuming, irritating and difficult for me.

I think other users must be facing the very same problem.

Adding an option of making articles visible and invisible to public will motivate users towards publishing more efficient tutorials.
Latest comments
grimdestripador 6 years ago

I've many many tutorial where the introductory paragraph mentions Its a work in progress, the result is massive down-voting for a legit tutorial.

sunewbie 6 years ago

Though 'Save as Draft' feature would be welcome! as Oscar799 has said, you can type it locally. the only thing you will have to do is formatting when you copy-paste. But since you re not typing pages, it's just a short tutorial, so I think it will not be a time consuming.

I will stay neutral.

AshBaby 6 years ago

Good Idea

telcnas 6 years ago

storage is either offline or online, it doesn't bother me, all I needed was an option to save my incomplete work and......the incomplete tutorials must preserves and retain the formatting done here on this particular website.....

telcnas 6 years ago

phew!!! thanks for considering this idea for "under development review".....its a big relaxation to me and many others...

oscar799 6 years ago

Both "save" options upload the tutorial to this site - maybe one could save locally instead?
Marked this for the devs to have a look at