They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Ideas for Comunity Website and the Mint OS

Created 9 years ago, edited 9 years ago.
Status changed 7 years ago
Author:

RayWoods
Selected
  Score:
20 votes
Idea:

This site has now been running for some time and has now become Beta too. Originally this element of the site was for registering ideas to improve the site only. Judging by the number of ideas currently in the system it has proved very popular with the Mint Community and is now including more and more ideas to improve the OS as well.

Should we not now bite the bullet and open it up to all Mint ideas?

With this in mind, and to make sorting easier, how about adding a Category field including System/ Website/ Publicity, etc.

Obviously, some of the ideas generated are not within the gift of Clem and the Team but, could be passed on to the appropriate development team.

Comments:

7 years ago

oscar799
Time has passed and part of this idea seems to have implemented itself - but as there is still one part pending I'll mark it "Considered"  
8 years ago

zaenal1234
yes .... I also really love the community of Linux Mint, I also expect mint linux community which is more friendly, more open and friendly to the user Mint.  
8 years ago

RayWoods
Technically, certainly whilst in Alpha these suggestions were to be purely to help develop the site (and Community). However, we are now in Beta and, I presume, soon to go live. Needless to say the Community Site is proving very popular and generating a lot of ideas; hence the need (I think) to include a Category field.

At the moment it is manageable but, in a year or so will this still be the case?

8 years ago

baffle-boy
... i was pretty sure that this website WAS for ideas for the OS... at least that is what the majority of the ideas being submitted are, categories would be great as well.  
8 years ago

heltonbiker
@ germanix (a bit late): I agree with RayWoods, this site is easier to track, conveys a feeling of proximity between the Team and the users, keep thinks sorted much more neatly than the forum (ideas on Ideas page, etc). Also, I for one felt a lot considered when I was invited to join the site and explicitly asked to put my impressions on it, being them about the site or about the distro. And I feel like some ideas I had were actually read and implemented some way (be it placebo effect or not, I'll never know). Well, these are my impressions!  
9 years ago

RayWoods
Why the Mint Community site? Frankly I don't know; perhaps someone else can provide that answer. All I can say is that the community site is (to me) easier to navigate, more open and friendly to the users of Mint and will (I hope) encourage more users to take an active part. (This is certainly the case for me.)

The thing is that people take part in all aspects of Linux Mint making it the most open and inclusive of distributions.

9 years ago

germanix
This seems to me like an unnecessary duplication as we already have a space for sharing ideas in the forum. I for one am still trying to figure out what the idea behind this community website really is. I ask myself why "ideas" should be on this site at all and for that matter why "chat" which is also in the forum and now I believe the "Wiki" is also to be moved here. I for one would hate to have to constantly jump between to sites. I find the forum very good as it is and am sorry but i fail as yet to understand the reason for this separate site. Can anyone enlighten me please?  
9 years ago

heltonbiker
That thing is EXACTELY needed, since it shortcuts the voice of the streets directly to the development team. I can't wait to see what Mint will become a few years from now...  

Other ideas from RayWoods