They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Include a dedicated 'unetbootin'-like tool for Mint

Created 8 years ago, edited 8 years ago.
Status changed 7 years ago
Author:

heltonbiker
Selected
  Score:
17 votes
Idea:

I have just had a problem with Unetbootin, it only worked running on windows with VirtualBox, not on Linux. The site says "if you are having trouble in Linux, try the windows version".
I think it is such an important feature, for:
-beta-testing release candidates;
-faster overall LiveCD usage;
-availability of the install CD permanently (I use my pendrive with my house keys)
-environmental friendliness by not "mass producing" discs that would be useless in 6 months.

So, what about creating something powerful? (I know it's already beaten topic, but worth being considered)

Comments:

8 years ago

baffle-boy
use Startup Disk Creator.  
8 years ago

heltonbiker
@ alexio: I agree, but I just love the Unetbootin ability to create a liveusb WITHOUT erasing other data from pendrive.

@ bigbencg: I'll give a try to this tool to install final Isadora release on my desktop.

Thanks for the tips!

8 years ago

bigbencg
A tool called Startup Disk Creator works well, it is included with Ubuntu 10 and LinuxMint 9. The app is called usb-creator-gtk, I installed it using apt in Mint 8 and used it to load LinuxMint 9 RC on my 1GB thumb drive. I find this easier to use than unetbootin.  
8 years ago

Alexio
Portable Linux is the best bootable USB live Linux creator: "Live USB drives (pen, thumb, SD, MMC or even phones with USB Mass Storage support) created with this tool let you use the empty disk space on Windows, Linux and Mac, remember the changes you make across reboots, and boot other operating systems. No other tool comes close."  

Other ideas from heltonbiker