Ask the site user to update hardware status after release upgrade

heltonbiker
  9 years ago
  Under dev. review

I know the site currently doesn't have a way to detect user's OS version, but I recently installed Isadora RC1 on laptop, and remembered that I had to update my hardware status, because a supposedly problematic WiFi adapter now worked readily from start.

So, the user could be reminded someway that it's necessary to update the hardware status information for each system upgrade, and for each machine used. (what a work!)
Latest comments
heltonbiker 9 years ago

I think that, supposing the site should be "aware" of user's machine state, this (not so high priority I guess) feature would be implemented AFTER some other very interesting features would be implemented (I hope they will some day!):
1) auto-hardware-recognition[-diagnosis?] feature/software;
2) "super"-user-account for server-syncing.
3) person-server (not machine-server) as te topmost relationship between user and distro. (this implies multi-machine-enabled user account).

clem 9 years ago

Good point. How could implement this though. Any thoughts?

jkw 9 years ago

I promote your idea because I think it's important for people to find out if their "tools" can be used as of the new version.

Some things simply don't work in older versions, but does in newer.

This could actually make people see that their stoneage printer finally works! ;-)