They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

A Simple Request for add "Avro" keybord layout in linux mint

Created 5 years ago, edited 5 years ago.
Status changed 5 years ago
Author:

kmrifat
Discussion
  Score:
10 votes
Idea:

This is Rifat from Bangladesh.Me and some of my friends are using linux mint till 2 years,we are make a team to popular Open Source.It's true that Linux is the best platform.

But some of cause in Bangladeshi people are not interest to use it.
The mejor reasone is,
Linux mint have some bangla keybord layout but unfortunately all the bangla keybord layout are followed by "Indian" bangla standard. Bangladeshi peoples have no idea about this keybord, In Bangladesh "Avro" keybord layout is very popular but in linux it only work on "gedit".

That's why man can't type bangla in a blog or anywhere. For this reasone, Though a large number of people want's to use linux but they can't only absence for bangladeshi bangla(Avro & bejoy) keybord.

if you reduct this problem to add "avro" keybord layout i think it's impact to all of linux lover.

Comments:

5 years ago

jahid_0903014
it's really easy to type bangla in linux mint. there is a default layout available named "provat" which is much similar to 'avro', and you don't need to install any additional software to type bangla in linux mint. LM comes with multilanguage support by default.
but an additional software (onboard) may come in handy (it can show the layout and type through mouse click).
'provat' layout is similar to avro somewhat. so you can suggest people to use this layout instead (learning this layout doesn't need much effort).
তবে অভ্র লেআউট থাকলে অনেকেই লিনাক্সের প্রতি আকৃষ্ঠ হবে। সেজন্যে আইডিয়াটা বেশ ভাল।

Other ideas from kmrifat

No other ideas.