Mint for arm processors

fisgasGugs
  6 years ago
  Considered

I'm not sure if this has been already suggested, (i think it was) but there are many tablets and phones run out on ARM prcessors. why not mint support them? Mint would be a nice distro.
ARM gadgets are cheap and portable and many people used even more everyday.
Latest comments
keithterrill 4 years ago

I am thinking of playing with Raspberry PI and thought, "Hey, it would be cool if I could run a Linux Mint on it, too."

eFiggy 5 years ago

This is a great idea, especially since people will be able to run Linux Mint (via Crouton) on their ARM Chromebooks!

Jessey-Lawson 5 years ago

@hammer459 you are a dam idiot. debian runs on arm you moron, how else do you think rasbian runs of the dam pie, and Ubuntu touch runs on arm and will run normal programs. NOOB.

mascondante 5 years ago

I've got a Nexus 10 with BotBrew installed. I'm a compiling novice but I'd be happy to offer my device to get the ball rolling.

spo00n 5 years ago

Arm is not just for Tablets.
The NVIDIA Jetson TK1 Development Kit comes with Ubuntu pre-installed. It's a Linux kit. It does not run Windows. I would love to be running Mint.
There will be other non-tablet ARM hardware. Ubuntu does indeed run on a few tablets, and will on more (thus Ubuntu Touch). ARM is tricky, though, as there are an absurd number of variations of ARM.
We do know, however, that The NVIDIA Jetson TK1 Development Kit is one ARM PC that can benefit from Linux Mint.

Hammer459 6 years ago

This has in fact been suggested many times and rejected every time because neither Ubuntu nor Debian runs on tablets. Period. End of discussion.

PiGeek 6 years ago

I don't know how practical this would be at this point, but in the future it might work out just fine. The only thing is that stuff like cinnamon and LMDE still need a lot of work and I would rather not distract the mint devs.

RayWoods 6 years ago

I personally believe it matters not whether an idea has been expressed before or not. I'm sure there are many good ideas lost under the pile of ideas created by the community and to duplicate them, maybe expressing them in a slightly different way, only adds to the community. Yes, do have a quick look but, if you have a burning issue (to you), please let the rest of us know.

Even if this is the wrong place, ie, something not in the gift of the Mint developers, still put it up for the rest of us to see. You never know, the right person may see it!

remoulder 6 years ago

If you weren't sure why didn't you search first, duplicates add nothing?