Muli-monitor - Deskop icon alignment to primary monitor

nmjbhoffmann
  6 years ago
  Considered

Would be really awesome to either have the icons auto-align to the primary monitor, or select which monitor to align them to.

vv Subjectivity for context vv

Based on Linux Mint 17.2 - Cinnamon

For instance, I have 3 monitors, and my main monitor is the center one, though whenever a new icon is added to my desktop for any reason, or if I align by name, they always currently align to the left monitor.

Being able to set them to always align to the center one would be great, since I use my desktop all the time, usually for temp space for stuff I'm working on, and moving the icons to the middle all the time is rather frustrating.
Latest comments
MagicMint 6 years ago

Yes, icon alignment would benefit from a rework. It should be more, or even fully configurable.

Rebel450 6 years ago

Actually the same story even with one monitor;
new items always appears, LIKE IN WINDOWS BTW,
always at the left side of screen =
mpfmhg....

nmjbhoffmann 6 years ago

Is it not actually an idea for Nemo, since that's whats managing the icons, either way, I figured this site was for ideas for Linux Mint in general, and only specified my version because I always get asked when I post any ideas, I'm still new to the site, so I could be wrong?

Thanks for the comment.

Hammer459 6 years ago

This is a desktop specific idea that should be posted at the development site for the desktop. In the case of Cinnamon... https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues