They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Make a Driver Manager for LMDE like the SolydXK one.

Created 3 years ago, edited 3 years ago.
Status changed 3 years ago
Author:

RytronII
Incomplete
  Score:
11 votes
Idea:

Hi LMC.

How about making a Driver Manager for LMDE like the SolydXK one?

Thanks.

Comments:

3 years ago

RytronII
@Hammer459 & @MagicMint

We will agree to disagree. ;-)

I won't expect this feature implemented any time soon or at all. Bye. ^_^

3 years ago

Hammer459
@MagicMint gave a spot on description of why I consider this a low value feature.  
3 years ago

MagicMint
A driver manager is a driver manager is a driver manager, so why invest scarce developer resources into graphical gimmicks that are used a very few times ?  
3 years ago

RytronII
Hi Rebel450.

The distro is called SolydXK. I refer to the overall work of the 2 spins - Kde & Xfce. How do I differentiate ideas worth suggesting and ideas to not suggest?

3 years ago

RytronII
@Hammer459

I would not necessarily call it a 'low value feature'. The Mint team has more resources but I agree that they have more to do than the SolydXK guys.

3 years ago

Rebel450
SolydXK....
what are you talking `bout - SolydX or SolydK
so; Xfce or KDE - or
in case of your installed OS Linux Mint DEBIAN Edition =
if so: You should read (really READ) this:
http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php

You can hardly compare apples with pears or bananas ...

In any case;
thanks for your efforts, but this place is not meant to deal with ideas
of this nature,
there are forums for it:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=49&sid=7f9362292e06d937432de6ef68fe961e

3 years ago

Hammer459
This is a low value feature that requires a fair bit of effort. That effort is better spent on high value features. SolyXK does little development and only features 2 desktops. Mint has four desktops and are involved in the development of two of them. Mint has 2 upstream distros SolydXK only one. So I challenge your statement that Mint has more resources available.  
3 years ago

RytronII
@Hammer459

But if SolydXK which has a lot less resources has this handy feature, I reckon the Mint team can do it too.

3 years ago

Hammer459
LMDE is based on Debian and most base system functionality is inherited directly from Debian. Mint does not have the resources to develop all the tools in a distribution  
3 years ago

RytronII
Hi Hammer459.

Why would I suggest on debian.org to get a Driver Manager added to LMDE? Surely this is a Linux Mint decision.

3 years ago

Hammer459
Driver manager is inherited from the upstream base distro. Direct your suggestion to debian.org  

Other ideas from RytronII