carlatnip
  3 years ago
  Considered

The main idea is to use PPA ONLY
Why?
Never outdated software.
User Input and Contributions made easy
Bug Reporting and Collaboration

The website Jumpstart.com is a great place for information on what ppa's can do and how to get the most from them.

Also developer can be free of all the small nuances of maintence and focus on writing good code.
Latest comments
mikefreeman 3 years ago

The website you posted has nothing to do with PPA's. The only real site for information on authentic PPA's (not just repos that some people call PPA's) that I'm aware of is launchpad.net.

And as said below, there are potential problems with using PPA's. You definitely get newer versions, which is sometimes useful, but it's a use-at-your-own-risk type of situation. I've had PPA's completely backfire on me. Also, primarily using 3rd party software sources brings potential stability and security risks. They're there, and you're welcome to use them. But I wouldn't base a distro on them.

remoulder 3 years ago

Apart from being nonsense, this appears to be an attempt to direct readers to a commercial website unconnected to linux

Hammer459 3 years ago

The use of ppa means a shift to more or less unsecured and unsupported software. This is a choice each person can do, but as a distribution aimed at "the average person" it is not responsible.