Improvement for 1920 x 1080 resolution screens

Valenciano
  3 years ago
  Under review

Hello,
Sorry for my bad English. I installed Linux Mint 18 64-bit Mate instead of Windows 10. I have a high resolution screen 1920 x 1080. Now when viewing Web pages on the Internet, their size is very small. But it has been absolutely OK with Windows 8 and 10. December 21, I asked advice on the forum ("Screen resolution problem" by Valenciano) and I got a recommendation to make settings in my browser Firefox.

If I understand it correctly, the release Linux Mint 18 Mate does not support high resolution screens. If so, I think it would be good for many Linux users if you make the necessary changes in the software. The 1920 x 1080 resolution is a modern one. Why not improve the Mint?

Best regards,
Valenciano
Latest comments
mikefreeman 3 years ago

Try the Cinnamon Edition. It has HiDPI support for high resolution screens. Or, if it's mainly web pages, most web browsers have the ability to "zoom in" and enlarge the page images and fonts.

remoulder 3 years ago

What you are really mean is HiDPI and AIUI the Mate DE does not fully support this as yet which is an issue for the developers of that DE, not Linuxmint. Other desktop environments may have better support for HiDPI. In Firefox you will have to adjust settings for this to work, this is an issue for the forums.