They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Select a theme during installation...

Created 4 months ago, edited 4 months ago.
Status changed 4 months ago
Author:

invex
Considered
  Score:
10 votes
Idea:

During installation let users select (show screenshots) either the present 'classic' look or a modern look (Adapta theme/Paper icons?).
It's easy to change the theme after installation but new users might not know how.

Comments:

4 months ago

webwrx
Depends. After switching from Windows I had a huge amount of tidying up I wanted to do of my docs and pics. All was fine to start with, until I switched to the 'qob' theme and Nemo started locking up after a few minutes into it. I did some research and discovered the lock-ups are related to customization. Sure enough, after going back to the default theme Nemo worked fine. So my point is, if I had chosen 'qob' at installation, I would have known no different, and would probably have discarded Mint altogether - so I believe it's better to start people off on something proven to be reliable.  
4 months ago

Jendrej
There is no need to. It is easy enough to find if you play with settings a bit. There is nothing wrong with the default theme. I am not even sure if there is a single OS that lets you personalize its look during installation instead of after.  
4 months ago

remoulder
User selection during installation has been suggested and rejected countless times  

Other ideas from invex