Please add brave browser to software manager

linuxovios
  6 months ago
  Considered

Brave browser is based on chromium and it is open source software. Please consider adding brave to software manager.

Latest comments
crhylove 4 days ago

Yes!!!

wisanggeni 1 month ago

hi @remoulder, which do you mean by the forum?

Do we have official chromium and chrome software?

I like to learn maintain a ppa or software on linuxmint which installable via apt and software manager

zh82cqpw7yfr 6 months ago

Hallo,
nutze den brave-browser mit linux mint, leider stürzt der b-b andauernd ab,
ohne Vorwarnung, innerhalb von millisekunden ist er vom Bidschirm verschwunden. Es ist nicht nachvollziehbar.
Anders ist es mit Windows 10, hier läuft der brave-browser sehr stabil und schnell, unbedingt zu empfehlen.

linuxovios 6 months ago

Of course it's up to the developers, but also Mint devs can decide to include a project in the mint repositories i.e. virtualbox. There are installation instructions in the brave website but thy include terminal commands and this could scare amateurs. Since brave is an open source project based on chromium and it is gaining popularity, I think it should be included in the mint repositories.

remoulder 6 months ago

It is up to the developers how their software is distributed and Brave maintain their own repositories. If you are not sure how to add this to your setup please ask in the forums.