The Supreme Linux Mint 13 Media Server (NAS)
Network connections are to be made to a install of Windows 8 and Linux Mint 13. It is assumed that a working DHCP server provides IP addresses for each comupter behind the router.
Hard drives need to auto mount at boot.
With a fresh install of linux mint 13, proceed to upgrade using mint update and install the video drivers through the "additional hardware" menu item.
Create a standard linux user for network connections.
Menu-> Administration -> User Accounts, Click unlock and add a standard user, Click OK, Click password, set password.
In terminal Add the username=main to groupname=sambashare, type:
sudo usermod -a -G sambashare main
Install Samba GUI using the terminal command:
sudo apt-get install system-config-samba
Run Samba's GUI:
-> create user
-> add shares, add user to share
Tags: LM13, NAS, samba
Created: 1 year ago.
Last edited: 1 year ago.
Reviewed: 1 year ago.
Read 0 times.
No comments so far.
Other tutorials from grimdestripador
- Single Purpose Terminal Commands (CLI)
- Using the linux program called Screen to lauch a daemon at boot
- Formatting 1.5TB Western Digital EARS Drives
- Pyramid of Synergy, Manual Coding of the Synergy.conf file
- Install Oracle SQL Devleoper
- Make Persistance File a Partition using casper-rw label
- Run Command on Login
- Installing sshfs for File Sharing
- The Supreme Linux Mint 13 Development Station
- How to Convert SFW to JPG
- Installing Webmin and configuring Samba Network Shares
- Advanced Conky Configurations with Linux Mint 14
- Dwarf Fortress Install With Sound Dependencies (OpenAl)
- Fixing nvidia-settings for Linux Mint 14 KDE
- Increase brightness or gamma from a dim video with WinFF and ffMpeg
- Use SSH Screens with your Minecraft Server Script