how to use middle click in laptops - Spanish

andres91
  8 years ago

Most people are used to clicking on the Edit menu or to right clicking on the content they want to copy. In Linux Mint you can do this as well, but you can also copy and paste content from the comfort of your mouse. Here's how it works: The left button of the mouse copies and the middle button pastes. It's as simple as that!

Let's give it a try. Launch LibreOffice Writer or a text editor, or any application of your choice that lets you input text. Now type a few sentences. Select some of the text you just typed with the left button of your mouse. Think you need to click on the Edit menu and press Copy? No? Bet you're thinking you would use a combination of keys on your keyboard such as Ctrl+C. In Linux, it is much simpler. Just by selecting the text, you've already copied it. That's right... that text is now copied to your mouse buffer and you don't need to press anything else.

Now click on some other part of the document to move the cursor there and click the middle button of your mouse (or the wheel-click if you have a mouse with a wheel). As you can see the text you previously selected has now been pasted.

if you don't know how to use the middle click, go to to the menu and search touchpad, open it, and here you can configure/see your middle click, not only the right edge in the top of the touchpad is the default option. but also you can emulate this option using three fingers at time(if you previosly activate it).

The more you get used to this the faster you'll get at copying and pasting content.

Thanks.

source: linux mint guide and an unknow friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La mayoría de la gente está acostumbrada a hacer clic en el menú Edición o al hacer clic derecho sobre el contenido que desean copiar. En Linux Mint puede hacerlo así, pero también se puede copiar y pegar contenido desde la comodidad de su ratón. He aquí cómo funciona: El botón izquierdo de las copias de ratón y las pastas botón central. ¡Es tan simple como eso!

Hagamos un intento. Lanzamiento Escritor LibreOffice o un editor de texto, o cualquier aplicación de su elección que le permite introducir texto. Ahora escribe unas cuantas frases. Seleccione la parte del texto que acaba de escribir con el botón izquierdo del ratón. ¿Crees que tiene que hacer clic en el menú Edición y pulse Copiar? ¿No? Apuesta usted está pensando que utilizaría una combinación de teclas en el teclado como Ctrl + C. En Linux, es mucho más simple. Simplemente seleccionando el texto, que ya ha copiado. Así es ... que el texto está copiado en el búfer del ratón y no es necesario pulsar cualquier otra cosa.

Ahora haga clic en alguna otra parte del documento para mover el cursor allí y haga clic en el botón central del ratón (o la rueda de clic si tiene un ratón con una rueda). Como se puede ver el texto que ha seleccionado previamente se ha pegado.

si usted no sabe cómo utilizar el botón central, vaya a al menú y búscar touchpad, abrirlo, y aquí se puede configurar / ver la configuracion de los click, el borde derecho en la parte superior del touchpad es la opción predeterminada. pero también se puede emular esta opción utilizando tres dedos al mismo tiempo en el touchpad (si lo activas previamente).

Cuanto más uno se acostumbra a esto el más rápido que lo recibirán en copiar y pegar contenido sin utilizar el mouse.

fuente: guia de linux mint y amigo desconocido.

Comments
Rebel450 8 years ago

it works for me inside the terminal (bash) only ...

MagicMint 8 years ago

@Rebel450: Unfortunately, trackpads can be tricky to configure as gestures and middle click can interfere — on some notebooks more than on others ;-)

paul2carter 8 years ago

Tried and tested your method and have to give you props as it is very effective. Thanks for sharing

Rebel450 8 years ago

For some trackpads it is hard to configure (execute) the so called middle click -e.g. all Apple Notebooks (with German Keyboard layout selected)
and also - in my case on on my Sony Vaio i3 -
on the other hand on my Aspire Notebooks it is working well...
For sure it will work then with an USB mouse attached (will try out) ;-)

Rebel450 8 years ago

Seriously!
I did not know that :-°
Finally something better in LinuX than in OS X ;-)