mintmenu on screen border/corner using compiz+xte

patriki
  13 years ago

ENGLISH:

It requires compiz and xte (install the package xautomation with synaptic)

1 - Create the script:

Create a new document, name mintMenu.sh (for example), and paste the following script:
Code:

#! / bin / bash
xte 'keydown Control_L' 'key Super_L' 'keyup Control_L'

Save it wherever you like, I saved in my Public folder / Scripts. Do not forget to make it executable.
(I kept control + super as a keyboard shortcut by default, but it is possible to change it, see the manual xte and mintmenu options.)

2 - Configure compiz:

Go to the category General / Control.
Choose a free command, eg: command line 0 and put the path to our script.
With me, it makes this: ~ / Public / Scripts / mintMenu.sh

Getting to the tab: Assigning borders and choose a screen border to launch our command 0. (Here, the top border: top)

In this example, moving the mouse to the top screen border shows the minMenu.

================================================================================

FRANÇAIS:

Installer xautomation (xte) avec synaptic.

1 - Créer le script:

Créer un documents vierge, le nommer mintMenu.sh (par exemple), et y coller le script suivant:

Code :

#!/bin/bash 
xte 'keydown Control_L' 'key Super_L' 'keyup Control_L'

Le sauvegarder où bon vous semble, je l'ai sauvegardé dans mon dossier Public/Scripts. Ne pas oublier de le rendre executable.
(J'ai gardé control+super comme raccourci clavier par défaut, mais il est biensur possible de le changer, voir le manuel d'xte et les options du mintMenu.)

2 - Configurer compiz:

Aller à la categorie Général/Commandes.
Choisir une commande libre, par ex: ligne de commande 0 et y mettre le chemin d'accès de notre script.
Chez moi, cela donne: ~/Public/Scripts/mintMenu.sh

Se rendre à l'onglet: Assignation des bords et choisir un bord d'écran pour lancer notre commande 0. (ici, le bord du haut: top)

Dans cette exemple, le menu mint apparaitra lorsque la souris touchera le bord haut de l'écran.