lmde-2-MATE-amd64-201701121144

clem
  7 years ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: MATE
Comments
clem 7 years ago

It's just to keep things in line, it looks weird with one extra item.

Monsta 7 years ago

Ok, at least installing the codecs and totem and vlc works via mintwelcome.

Though I'm not sure why Release Notes button is not shown in mintwelcome while the codecs aren't installed... it only shows up after you install the codecs and restart mintwelcome.

clem 7 years ago

mintdesktop was cleaned up and I'll replace gsm with msm in the next ISO.

We used to ship msm in GTK2 and it featured a visual bug with the GTK notebook it was using. GSM worked fine despite using a headerbar.

With GTK3 the visual issue is gone. We also ship with MSM in Mint so...

In regards to the little bit of magic in DSA, it's no harm and it makes it possible for MATE to use GSM when MSM isn't installed. I'll leave it there for now.

I'm rejecting this ISO and building a new one with the changes we mentioned.

clem 7 years ago

Codecs are no longer part of the default installation, that's ok yes.

Monsta 7 years ago

Wow, trying to install it triggers a heap of packages...

cabextract gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-libav gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly liba52-0.7.4

libbasicusageenvironment0 libcddb2 libchromaprint0 libdvbpsi9 libdvdcss2 libebml4 libfluidsynth1 libgroupsock4 libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0 libgtkglext1

libhal1-flash libiso9660-8 liblivemedia42 libmad0 libmatroska6 libmjpegutils-2.1-0 libmpeg2-4 libmpeg2encpp-2.1-0 libmpg123-0 libmplex2-2.1-0 libmspack0

libopencv-calib3d2.4 libopencv-contrib2.4 libopencv-core2.4 libopencv-features2d2.4 libopencv-flann2.4 libopencv-highgui2.4 libopencv-imgproc2.4

libopencv-legacy2.4 libopencv-ml2.4 libopencv-objdetect2.4 libopencv-video2.4 libpostproc53 libresid-builder0c2a libsdl-image1.2 libshine3 libsidplay1

libsidplay2 libsrtp0 libswscale3 libtbb2 libtotem0 libtwolame0 libunshield0 libupnp6 libusageenvironment2 libva-drm1 libva-x11-1 libvcdinfo0 libvlc5

libvlccore8 libvncclient0 libx264-142 libxcb-composite0 libxcb-keysyms1 libxcb-randr0 libxcb-xv0 mint-flashplugin mint-flashplugin-24

mint-meta-debian-codecs totem totem-common totem-mozilla unrar unshield vlc vlc-data vlc-nox vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-pulse w64codecs

So, it means that flashplugin and vlc aren't installed by default. Is that ok?

Monsta 7 years ago

Only now I noticed that mint-meta-debian-codecs package isn't installed. Is that ok?

Monsta 7 years ago

Well, we don't have Compiz in LMDE, but there's "MATE Panel Compiz" item in autostart apps. It's /usr/bin/mate-panel-compiz-restart script from mintdesktop package. Most part of that script is commented out, so I guess it can be just dropped from the package.

Monsta 7 years ago

This issue is still present in this ISO:

Ok... now mate-system-monitor isn't installed, there's gnome-system-monitor in its place.

There's also some magic in debian-system-adjustments to make g-s-m work in MATE.

I suggest fixing all that...

I don't know why it's so, but it looks weird. Especially when mint-artwork-mate package has an image with Mint branding for m-s-m (in /usr/share/pixmaps/mate-system-monitor/distribution/side.png).