lmde-4-Cinnamon-amd64-202002140617

clem
  4 years ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
enyc 4 years ago

Secondly, Something Debian-installer people have talked about (though not yet implemented) is having option to boot with backports kernel ( e.g. 5.4.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 ) --
this latter point can be really helpful with different hardware issues etc. Be nice to have "install with buster-backports kernel" facility as well, but even being able to boot installer with 5.4 kernel *option* can be really helpful.

enyc 4 years ago

First note -- mutter-and-grumble that there is no memtest boot option, very useful to put back in!. (no self-integrity-check in the iso either...).

clem 4 years ago

No, I think we're good to go on this one. Test 20 is working fine for me here. Let me know about the message you're getting though.

cpatrick08 4 years ago

Any updates on this ISO?

cpatrick08 4 years ago

Test #20 went to a black screen and didn't come back. I can send you screenshots of the messages if you want.

clem 4 years ago

Broadcom works post-install.. but not in the live session. Some regression in Debian... since that worked fine in Jessie. I'm not keen on modprobing and all... cause it could have adverse effects on some other chipsets.