linuxmint-20.3-Cinnamon-amd64-202112090827

clem
  2 years ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
clem 2 years ago

Thanks everyone. I noted a few issues and things to look into but nothing looks like a blocker to me. ISOs approved for BETA.

enyc 2 years ago

Touch situation certainly different in XFCE (better in one way, poorer in another), commented on the XFCE image.
I can go to an old MATE image but may make more sense I test that when you produce new testing-images and hopefully provide all 3 ...

clem 2 years ago

- mintlocale and im: could be singletons, use stack switchers.
- menu still has the issue detected in 20.2, when hovering apps, category box gets cropped

enyc 2 years ago

I experienced on at least one image, UEFI booting and selecting "verify integrity" boot option, and it seemed to boot all the way through to gui, with no indication I saw to user that the verification was in fact successful or not ..... Not re-tested this but seems not what I would "expect" .

clem 2 years ago

hmm the touch issue might be related to clutter. Do you see it in MATE/Xfce?

enyc 2 years ago

(probably) harmless errors occur on live iso shutdown (certainly if "quiet splash" removed from bootargs) --
After "Please remove the installation medium, then press ENTER:" --
[sdb] tag#a access beyond end of device
etc... I think this happened before in other releases and probably harmless, though could offput some users.

enyc 2 years ago

FWIW longer-standing GTK or similar bugs with touch and layering still persist here,
e.g. If you open Terminal and place this near lower-left, and open mint-menu with touch, then select things with menu by touch, these very often will start selecting text in terminal behind rather than activating menu items.
This is not so-likely a mint issue itself but something worth keeping a view on, especially see if this is sorted for Mint-22 / new-Cinnamon etc.

clem 2 years ago

hi enyc, no it's separate from the release schedule. We will however update the EDGE ISO after the stable release though.

enyc 2 years ago

Can/should a -edge [new kernel] iso be put out for testing [even if after main release] ?