linuxmint-20.3-Cinnamon-amd64-202112090827

clem
  11 months ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
clem 11 months ago

Thanks everyone. I noted a few issues and things to look into but nothing looks like a blocker to me. ISOs approved for BETA.

enyc 11 months ago

Touch situation certainly different in XFCE (better in one way, poorer in another), commented on the XFCE image.
I can go to an old MATE image but may make more sense I test that when you produce new testing-images and hopefully provide all 3 ...

clem 11 months ago

- mintlocale and im: could be singletons, use stack switchers.
- menu still has the issue detected in 20.2, when hovering apps, category box gets cropped

enyc 11 months ago

I experienced on at least one image, UEFI booting and selecting "verify integrity" boot option, and it seemed to boot all the way through to gui, with no indication I saw to user that the verification was in fact successful or not ..... Not re-tested this but seems not what I would "expect" .

clem 11 months ago

hmm the touch issue might be related to clutter. Do you see it in MATE/Xfce?

enyc 11 months ago

(probably) harmless errors occur on live iso shutdown (certainly if "quiet splash" removed from bootargs) --
After "Please remove the installation medium, then press ENTER:" --
[sdb] tag#a access beyond end of device
etc... I think this happened before in other releases and probably harmless, though could offput some users.

enyc 11 months ago

FWIW longer-standing GTK or similar bugs with touch and layering still persist here,
e.g. If you open Terminal and place this near lower-left, and open mint-menu with touch, then select things with menu by touch, these very often will start selecting text in terminal behind rather than activating menu items.
This is not so-likely a mint issue itself but something worth keeping a view on, especially see if this is sorted for Mint-22 / new-Cinnamon etc.

clem 11 months ago

hi enyc, no it's separate from the release schedule. We will however update the EDGE ISO after the stable release though.

enyc 11 months ago

Can/should a -edge [new kernel] iso be put out for testing [even if after main release] ?