lmde-5-Cinnamon-amd64-202202101449

clem
  2 years ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
clem 2 years ago

Thanks enyc,

mintupdate isn't autostarted in live mode and doesn't really have any business running in that session so I wouldn't worry about that.

For ipp-usb, it caused issues in 20.3 still. I didn't re-evaluate for LMDE but I can see it's included by default in Debian live so I might just add it in. It will definitely be tested again in time for Mint 21.

Thanks for finding out about the sane-airscan conflict, we'll get that fixed.

I'll check mintsources to see if I can reproduce the issue.

enyc 2 years ago

NB: *eventually* the Base (bullseye) selection did on a 3rd attempt come up with the mirror list but very long delay... as if something is wrong in a network backend service taking much too long to provide the list. **NB** might there be an IPv6-only issue or some of the backend list providing servers not working such that time-outs are having to happen...?

enyc 2 years ago

When running from the live image, mintupdate still suggests the switching to a local mirror, which I'm not sure is worthwhile on non-persistent media.
However, in any case, in the Software Sources running from Live -- selecting Main (elsie) dropdown works and lets you select a mirror fine.
Selecting Base (bullseye) causes the Software Sources program to hang/crash, has to be killed one way or another seemingly!

enyc 2 years ago

Worth considering contents of: https://wiki.debian.org/Scanner
I'd like to see LinuxMint be as helpful as possible by default r.e. scanning muddle.
NB: The LibSane version included has a usable ESCL driver, such that sane-airscan package is not needed as much [though could be preinstalled], but ipp-usb toggle enable/disable service could potentially be included in driver options or similar?

enyc 2 years ago

2 scanning niggles!!
**NB** ipp-usb is not installed by default, which might these days be a sensible default to provide (certainly for mint 21 I would think...). A LinuxMint version is provided.
Sane-airscan linuxmint provided package will not install, says:-
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
sane-airscan : Depends: libjpeg8 (>= 8c) but it is not installable

enyc 2 years ago

Initial indications are that the focus problem with touch-screens (which clem suspected to be todo with libclutter possibly) do not happen on this release.
However, to test on exactly the same netbook as before I need to find a currently-misplaced power adapter...

clem 2 years ago

Fixes:

- security updates installed
- NEW_FEATURES_URL set to None in /etc/linuxmint/info (this info is not used in LMDE)
- cinnamon-screensaver: switch-user -> log back in doesn't unlock the screensaver
- gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-session-bin removed