clem
  1 year ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
clem 1 year ago

New ISO on the way.

clem 1 year ago

Thunderbird is a dependency of thunderbird-gnome-support.

clem 1 year ago

The keyring is new because of apt-key being discontinued upstream. It's the same keyring but the package puts it in two places now to make apt happy.

clem 1 year ago

pjotr: These two translations are in fact only one issue. Ubiquity is told to get this translation from mintreport, which itself has "Mulitmedia" in Launchpad. I'll fix it there for now and we'll get updated translations before STABLE.

jan-olof 1 year ago

Trying to reproduce the screen saver issue, https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-screensaver/issues/392.
Haven't seen it yet but on Mint 20.3 it is quite frequent when switching user.

mtwebster 1 year ago

apt keys:
- Comparing to mint 20.x, ubuntu-keyring-2012-archive missing
- linuxmint-keyring is new - mint 20, earlier mint 21 iso didn't have this either. I assume this is correct.

Pjotr 1 year ago

When I tried to remove Thunderbird by means of a right-click on its menu item, I got an error window stating that removal was impossible because of dependencies. The named dependencies had, if I remember correctly, all to do with Dutch localizations (my system is Dutch localized). But when I tried removal in the terminal (sudo apt-get purge thunderbird) it went flawlessly.

Pjotr 1 year ago

@clem: there are two occasions when it appears, once in the live session and once in the installed system. This is a screenshot from within the live session, when running mintubiquity:
https://postimg.cc/QKJWYJ7g

And this is a screenshot after booting into the installed system, when launching mintreport:
https://postimg.cc/06zXgbcK

Acheron 1 year ago

In regards to the Multimedia Codecs checkbox on the installer, it looks like its picking up Ubuntu's additional codecs but not the Mint Codec package. Not a show stopper or anything but could be confusing to users. Maybe something that could be fixed in the Beta window.

clem 1 year ago

pjotr: Can you show me exactly where you see this "mulitmedia"? with a screenshot maybe?

clem 1 year ago

Cinnamon settings desktop files fixed.

clem 1 year ago

Integrity check was removed. It was broken upstream and it never really was reliable. i.e. you can have a corrupted ISO, either during download or during burning (this was especially true with optic drives) that still passes the integrity check.

clem 1 year ago

usrmerge is OK. We can ignore the onboard issue.

clem 1 year ago

/etc/upstream-release/lsb-release -> Fixed

Pjotr 1 year ago

When using the Dutch localization, in the multimedia codecs installation dialogues, "multimedia" is sometimes called "mulitmedia". This obvious and annoying typo has been corrected in the Dutch translations on Launchpad long ago (I'm a Dutch translator there myself), but apparently can't be rooted out.... Perhaps the devs can?

Pjotr 1 year ago

During installation of Mint 21, I checked the box for installing multimedia codecs. After installation, I was still presented with a system report stating that I needed to install multimedia codecs. I went along with that, and indeed there was still one codec that was installed then.

Acheron 1 year ago

Regarding item #047, installed codecs from the installer (installer says its getting additional Ubuntu drivers) as always done in the past and all media played. Install dpkg.log confirmed codecs were installed. System Reports says "Install multimedia codecs" Will this now be a two step operation?

xenopeek 1 year ago

regarding Acheron's finding, the /etc/upstream-release/lsb-release still has the info for Ubuntu 20.04 and needs to be updated to 22.04

Acheron 1 year ago

inxi -Fxxx reports "base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal" on both the USB Live boot and a freshly installed system. Can't find where inxi is getting this info.

xenopeek 1 year ago

#048: All applications fails. There are two broken .desktop files for Cinnamon settings. For "Display" and "Network". They appear in the Other category of the menu instead of in Preferences and if you open them you get this weird window:
https://i.imgur.com/OAnNViY.png

These 2 files:
/usr/share/applications/cinnamon-display-panel.desktop
/usr/share/applications/cinnamon-network-panel.desktop

Their Exec key is `cinnamon-control-center `. That should instead be `cinnamon-settings `. And the category is wrong.

xenopeek 1 year ago

#035: Usrmerge fails. It reports there have been errors:
onboard: /usr/bin/bash should be /bin/bash (provided by cruft-common)

Acheron 1 year ago

#000: Integrity Check 256SHA integrity check passed but there is no GRUB boot menu option to "Check the integrity of the medium"