linuxmint-21-MATE-amd64-202207030554

clem
  2 years ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: MATE
Comments
mtwebster 2 years ago

Localization:
- Selecting french language selects French - French (legacy, alt)
- Compiz Config Settings Manager not translated in menu.

Monsta 2 years ago

About battery indicator: it isn't shown by default because of Ubuntu MATE's gschema override (it's set to never instead of auto)
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-mate-team/mate-power-manager/-/blob/master/debian/25_mate-power-manager-ubuntu.gschema.override

mtwebster 2 years ago

- engrampa, mate-disk-usage-analyzer - don't use symbolics in ui toolbar
- two bluetooth entries in menu (Bluetooth adapters, Bluetooth manager)
- simple scan has no exit menu item, clicking window close button freezes and doesn't close immediately.

Acheron 2 years ago

#028: Themes mtwebster: you are correct, it rolls your selection into "custom" but I didn't think that was an issue because the theme changed. Good to know, thanks.

mtwebster 2 years ago

codecs: I checked to install them during installation, but still in menu after reboot -
https://imgur.com/a/kXeMa2i

Acheron 2 years ago

#106: Laptop battery/bluetooth: on the particular laptop that was used (which is pretty Linux friendly) had to manually add the battery status icon to the panel. If someone else could please review / confirm this.

mtwebster 2 years ago

nm tray icon may be limited to mint-x - can't reproduce after a reboot at least

mtwebster 2 years ago

Network manager tray icon isn't symbolic (wired connection)

mtwebster 2 years ago

Theme picker won't 'select' Mint-X themes - you can click them and they work but the widget won't be highlighted. I don't think this is new.

Acheron 2 years ago

#044: apt update: the first time "apt update" was run there were two warnings for:
** (appstreamcli:3632): WARNING **: 08:33:22.414: Found icon of unknown type 'unknown' in 'system/flatpak/flatpak/cc.nift.nsm/*', skipping it.
** (appstreamcli:3632): WARNING **: 08:33:22.414: Found icon of unknown type 'unknown' in 'system/flatpak/flatpak/cc.nift.nsm/*', skipping it.
Running the command "apt update" a second time, there were no warnings.
Rebooted the system and ran "apt update", warning did not repeat.

clem 2 years ago

We'll bring back memtest in the next ISO.

other OS: I guess that's how os-prober works, it must get that from DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION in lsb. It's a really niche case to dual boot two different Mint DE, I think this is OK as is.

Acheron 2 years ago

#019: LSB and info file: /etc/upstream-release/lsb-release Still contains information from Focal Fossa

Acheron 2 years ago

#000: Integrity check : SHA 256 check passed but there is no GRUB menu item to "Check the integrity of the medium" Noticed systemd[1]: Failed to start casper-md5check Verify Live ISO checksums.

Acheron 2 years ago

#039: Other OS in Grub -- please see the image at: https://justpaste.it/64izk
GRUB entries do not distinguish between MATE and Cinnamon. I just know that Cinnamon is on /dev/sda2

enyc 2 years ago

Initial experimentation suggests Touchscreen priority annoyance (where mint-menu opened via touch wasn't properly selected and touch-click would go through to window behind) has finally gone away, at least on this MATE iso. Will try in Cinnamon on next set of test-images.

enyc 2 years ago

I notice BIOS/Legacy booting this image no longer offers memtest86+ option, which was quite useful, in my opinion this is a regression over 20.3.
I note the new memtest86+ when released may well work in UEFI as well, but I see no reason 21 can't still include memtest for older systems.