mint-21.3-cinnamon-amd64-2023.12.04-17:56

clem
  5 months ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
clem 5 months ago

Indeed, I agree. Not a block imo for this BETA but we'll need to fix it.

enyc 5 months ago

Well, timeshift doesn't support ZFS snapshots, but it could still 'rsync'.
Furthermore, whatever heuristics it uses to sense Live mode mistrigger when running off ZFS, this is a bug.
The trouble is, mintreport tells users to set up snapshots even on ZFS system, and also the installer doesn't warn user that ZFS install is "experimental" and what the limitations are ... I appreciate its' a Timeshift bug but Mint need to decide how to present/handle the situation for now.

clem 5 months ago

/proc/cmdline looks fine to me. The tests don't make it clear this is in Live mode, I'll update them.

clem 5 months ago

Upcoming ISOs will no longer come with : signs in their filenames.

clem 5 months ago

Timeshift doesn't support ZFS: https://github.com/linuxmint/timeshift/issues/56.

enyc 5 months ago

If you install with Encrypted ZFS ... try to set up TimeShift in RSYNC mode on the default location ... result is then TimeShift screen incorrectly reports "Live USB mode (restore only)"
This mistriggering of Live-USB mode persists even after reboot subsequently.

enyc 5 months ago

Point of note: If install using Ventoy (extremely popular FOSS multi-booter, easier to set up USB from Windows etc).... --
You get a warning that partitions still mounted on (e.g. /dev/sdb). This appears to be harmless but offputting to some and I don't recall this happening to LMDE6.
I would imagine Ubuntu 24.04 and later Debian will have more Ventoy-aware installers.