mint-21.3-cinnamon-amd64-2024.01.08-16.18

clem
  3 months ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
clem 3 months ago

Damn... another critical issue was found. This is really rare post-BETA, but better late than never.

mintdrivers can't find the live-media post-install because the path for README.diskdefines changed in the new ISO images. This breaks the broadcom drivers installation.

This is fixed in mintdrivers 1.7.3, but we need new ISOs again. Rejecting these ones.

clem 3 months ago

Regarding ZFS I have to admit the only reason it's here is because Ubuntu wanted to add it in. It's not something I want to spend time testing. We'll fix issues when the solution is known, or merge PRs but we won't enlarge the scope and add this to QA imo.

clem 3 months ago

openoffice.org-hyphenation: Fixed in mintlocale 1.5.9.

enyc 3 months ago

mintreport still asking for openoffice.org-hyphenation to be installed; this appears to be a long-deprecated transitional package, only in Ubuntu (not in debian).
Better would be to install the various hyphen- packages it depends on from now-on ... *and* be careful how this is handled for updates to future ubuntu/mint series.

enyc 3 months ago

Not yet confirmed, -but- having a hard time with VirtualBox installation of mint 21.3 on encrypted-ZFS-root e.g.:-
never gets screen resolution sensible to start with.
install from the official iso image by inserting 7.0.12 guest additions and run installer and ultimately end up with wedged system vboxadd.service never starts...
In my case using Debian Sid VirtualBox 7.0.12 source built using dpkg-buildpackage on LMDE6/bookworm as host system, not having issues with other VMs.
**NB** This really would need more testing, might be "fine for others" in other common configs [??].

clem 3 months ago

Language pack installation fixed.
New linux-firmware pkg.