CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats.
CHIRP can handle data in the following formats:
- Comma Separated Values (.csv)
- Comma Separated Values generated by RT Systems (.csv)
- EVE for Yaesu VX-5 (.eve)
- Kenwood HMK format (.hmk)
- Kenwood commercial ITM format (.itm)
- Icom Data Files (.icf)
- ARRL TravelPlus (.tpe)
- VX5 Commander Files (.vx5)
- VX7 Commander Files (.vx7)
Most popular modern amateur radios are supported by CHIRP via their interface cables.