Flareget is a full featured, multi-threaded and multi-segment download manager and accelerator. its features include:
* dynamic file segmentation: it uses a robust dynamic file segmentation
algorithm to speed up the download. it supports up to 32 segments per
* http-pipelining: in addition to dynamic file segmentation, each segment is
further accelerated up to six times
* auto segmentation: when one segment ends, it starts another segment to help
terminate another segment more fast
* advanced browser integration: the only download manager for linux which
integrates with all the browsers to snatch away download url and start the
download by itself. it does this magic without any addons
* multi-protocol support: it supports http, https and ftp protocols to let you
download files from internet. it also supports pipelining for http and https
* intelligent file management: it uses an intelligent file management system
to automatically categorize your files based on their extensions. all the
downloads are grouped in different folders as per their categories.
* resume support: you can pause the downloads to download them later, you
neednâ€™t start from the beginning again even on power failures or system
crash. it also automatically retries when a segment or download fails.
currently there is no resume support for ftp downloads.
* flash video download: one click flash video download from most of the sites
is supported for all the browsers.
* smart scheduler: you can easily schedule flareget to download files
automatically. it allows you to start and pause downloading files at the set
* add or remove segments: you can add or remove download segments dynamically
without interrupting the download
* clipboard monitoring: no need to copy paste your download links, it monitors
* limit downloads: you can limit the number of simultaneous downloads, when
one download ends, another starts automatically
* multi language support: flareget is being translated into many languages,
currently english, arabic, italiano, chinese(simplified), spanish, french,
czech, bengali and portuguese are available.