Frescobaldi is a LilyPond sheet music editor, with the following features:
* Enter LilyPond scores, then build and preview them with a mouseclick
* Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
* Point-and-click support: click on notes or on error messages to jump to the
corresponding position in the LilyPond file
* Midi player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
* Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
* Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
* Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
* Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in Frescobaldi User Guide
* Translated into Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian,
Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazillian Portuguese and Ukrainian.
Frescobaldi also includes the following music functions:
* Transpose music
* Change music from relative to absolute and vice versa
* Change the language used for note names
* Change the rhythm (double, halve, add/remove dots, copy, paste) etc
* Hyphenate lyrics using word-processor hyphenation dictionaries
* Add spanners, dynamics, articulation easily using the Quick Insert panel
* Update LilyPond syntax using convert-ly, with display of differences
In order to use lyric hyphenation, please install your languages' appropriate hyphenation packages, e.g. hyphen-fr for French, hyphen-ca for Catalan, etc.
Frescobaldi is the Qt4 successor of LilyKDE, a Kate plugin for KDE3.