Frescobaldi is a LilyPond sheet music editor. It aims to be powerful, yet lightweight and easy to use. Frescobaldi is Free Software, freely available under the GNU General Public License.
* Powerful text editor with syntax highlighting and automatic completion
* Music view with advanced Point & Click
* MIDI player to proof-listen LilyPond-generated MIDI files
* MIDI capturing to enter music
* Powerful Score Wizard to quickly setup a music score
* Snippet Manager to store and apply text snippets, templates or scripts
* Use multiple versions of LilyPond, automatically selects the correct version
* Built-in LilyPond documentation browser and built-in Frescobaldi User Guide
* Smart layout-control functions like coloring specific objects in the PDF
* MusicXML, MIDI and ABC import
* Modern user interface with configurable colors, fonts and keyboard shortcuts
* Translated into Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Czech, Russian,
Spanish, Galician, Turkish, Polish, Brazillian Portuguese and Ukrainian.
* Transpose music
* Change music from relative to absolute and vice versa
* Change the language used for note names
* Change the rhythm (double, halve, add/remove dots, copy, paste) etc.
* Hyphenate lyrics using word-processor hyphenation dictionaries
* Add spanners, dynamics, articulation easily using the Quick Insert panel
* Update LilyPond syntax using convert-ly, with display of differences
In order to use lyric hyphenation, please install your languages' appropriate hyphenation packages, e.g. hyphen-fr for French, hyphen-ca for Catalan, etc.
Frescobaldi is designed to run on all major operating systems (Linux, macOS and MS Windows). It is named after Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643), an Italian composer of keyboard music in the late Renaissance and early Baroque period.