Hunspell is a spell checker and morphological analyzer library and program designed for languages with rich morphology and complex word compounding or character encoding. It is based on MySpell and features an Ispell-like terminal interface using Curses library, an Ispell pipe interface and an OpenOffice.org UNO module.
- Unicode support (first 65535 Unicode characters)
- morphological analysis (in custom item and arrangement style)
- Max. 65535 affix classes and twofold affix stripping (for agglutinative
languages, like Azeri, Basque, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Turkish, etc.)
- Support complex compoundings (for example, Hungarian and German)
- Support language specific algorithms (for example, handling Azeri
and Turkish dotted i, or German sharp s)
- Handling conditional affixes, circumfixes, fogemorphemes,
forbidden words, pseudoroots and homonyms.
This package contains the program with the Ispell-like terminal and pipe interfaces.