GNU MAC Changer is an utility that makes the maniputation of MAC addresses of network interfaces easier. MAC addresses are unique identifiers on networks, they only need to be unique, they can be changed on most network hardware. MAC addresses have started to be abused by unscrupulous marketing firms, government agencies, and others to provide an easy way to track a computer across multiple networks. By changing the MAC address regularly, this kind of tracking can be thwarted, or at least made a lot more difficult.
* set specific MAC address of a network interface
* set the MAC randomly
* set a MAC of another vendor
* set another MAC of the same vendor
* set a MAC of the same kind (eg: wireless card)
* display a vendor MAC list (today, 6200 items) to choose from