MongoDB is a high-performance, open source, schema-free document-oriented data store that's easy to deploy, manage and use. It's network accessible, written in C++ and offers the following features:
* Collection oriented storage - easy storage of object-style data
* Full index support, including on inner objects
* Query profiling
* Replication and fail-over support
* Efficient storage of binary data including large objects (e.g. videos)
* Auto-sharding for cloud-level scalability
High performance, scalability, and reasonable depth of functionality are the goals for the project.
This is a convenience metapackage that depends on all the mongodb parts: the server, the clients and the development files (headers and library).