OpenJKDF2 is an open-source re-implementation of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (JKDF2). OpenJKDF2 removes the hassle of rendering and input compatibility shims, while also providing in-app guided installation steps, cross-platform multiplayer, and a host of graphical (and other) improvements:
- OpenGL hardware rendering with emissive textures, bloom, and ambient occlusion.
- Ultrawide and HiDPI monitor support, with configurable FOV and scaled HUD elements.
- Configurable FPS caps (including VSync and fixed animations)
- Cross-platform multiplayer support, including IPv6.
- SDL2 joystick/controller support.
- Various fixes and improvements for bugs in the original game.
- Native support for Linux and macOS.
- Built-in support jkgfxmod texture packs.
- Built-in support for GOG/Steam Ogg Vorbis soundtracks, with fixed looping.
- Aspect-correct cutscene rendering, and windowed rendering without screen mode switching.
Jedi Knight(C) Dark Forces II is Copyright (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. 1997-2009. An original Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II game disk, or original licensed assets from Steam or GOG, are required in order to play OpenJKDF2.