PDFCrack is a simple tool for recovering passwords from pdf-documents.
It should be able to handle all pdfs that uses the standard security handler but the pdf-parsing routines are a bit of a quick hack so you might stumble across some pdfs where the parser needs to be fixed to handle.
The main PDFCrack features are:
- Supports the standard security handler (revision 2, 3 and 4) on all known
- Supports cracking both owner and userpasswords.
- Both wordlists and bruteforcing the password are supported.
- Simple permutations (currently only trying first character as Upper Case).
- Save and load a running job.
- Simple benchmarking.
- Optimised search for owner-password when user-password is known.
This program can be used in forensics investigations or similar activities, to legal password crack.