This module provides some basic components that can be used to simplify building Python applications.
The components included by this package encapsulate the functionality to handle the following tasks:
- UNIX process management (forking, signal handling, pid file creation)
- A very simple to use interface to handle configuration files.
- An extensible system logger for console and/or syslog.
- Miscellaneous utilities and helpers.
- Memory troubleshooting and execution timing.
- Communicate inside the application using a notification system.
- Manage the version number for applications, modules and packages.
- Verify package dependencies at runtime.