This package is now deprecated, please use the python-numpy package for developing new software.
the numeric extensions to python (numpy) add powerful multi-dimensional array objects to the wonderful general purpose programming language python. these new objects give python the number crunching power of numeric languages like matlab and idl while maintaining all of the advantages of the general-purpose programming language python.
these extensions add two new object types to python, and then include a number of extensions that take advantage of these two new objects:
- multidimensional array objects
* efficient arrays of homogeneous machine types (floats, longs,
* arbitrary number of dimensions
* sophisticated structural operations
- universal function objects
* support mathematical functions on all python objects
* very efficient for array objects