Open Babel is a chemical toolbox designed to speak the many languages of chemical data. It allows one to search, convert, analyze, or store data from molecular modeling, chemistry, solid-state materials, biochemistry, or related areas. Features include:
* Hydrogen addition and deletion
* Support for Molecular Mechanics
* Support for SMARTS molecular matching syntax
* Automatic feature perception (rings, bonds, hybridization, aromaticity)
* Flexible atom typer and perception of multiple bonds from atomic coordinates
* Gasteiger-Marsili partial charge calculation
File formats Open Babel supports include PDB, XYZ, CIF, CML, SMILES, MDL Molfile, ChemDraw, Gaussian, GAMESS, MOPAC and MPQC.
This package contains the Python binding.