Its aim is to make writing wsgi web applications easy and fun. pesto doesn't constrain you -- how you integrate with databases, what templating system you use or how you prefer to lay out your source files is up to you.
pesto makes it easy to:
- map any uri to any part of your application.
- produce unicode aware, standards compliant wsgi applications.
- interrogate wsgi request information -- form variables and http
- create and manipulate http headers, redirects, cookies etc.
- integrate with any other wsgi application or middleware, giving you
access to a vast and growing resource.