How to easily download files from more than 40 websites, including Linux Mint videos

Alexio
  9 years ago

The SaveFrom.net on-line service can be used for free to download files from more than 40 websites, including YouTube.com, Vimeo.com, Facebook.com and many others just in ONE CLICK.

To download full HD videos from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion you should install:

You may visit the Linux Mint Community Blog and use the "SaveFrom.net / Direct link" button available below each featured video to open the SaveFrom.net page with download options for that video.

Using the option "More" on the SaveFrom.net page, you can download the desired video in different formats (FLV, MP4, WebM, 3GP) and modes (144p, 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p).

Comments
ogulsev 9 years ago

Thank you very much!

Alexio 11 years ago

I updated this tutorial with links to extensions for other browsers. So, you may use now SaveFrom.net to download HD videos from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion with Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari.

mysoomro 11 years ago

Useful tut. Thanks writing @Alexio ..

Bleyc 11 years ago

am just a new linux mint user and i must say i have been imprssed alot with wht linux has to offer, one my concerns i had when joining the world of lunux was downloading youtube videos and now i have no other worlds its great keep it uup