8 years ago
Make your MDM theme
overview- 1) copy exsisting theme 2)rename it 3)modify bg.png and screen.jpg 4) rename .xml file, 5) modify .desktop file 6) compress folder 7) install it 8) logoff to see the effect.
1) Make a directory / folder under Home: $ mkdir mdmtheme
2)Goto the location /usr/share/mdm/themes and copy Arc-Noble
(note: you can copy any one)
3)past under your mdmtheme folder
4) Rename the Arc-Noble as my-theme
5) open my-theme (you will see few image file , one xml and a .desktop file)
6) you delete bg.png and screen.jpg
a) past your image under this dir,
b) open it with a image ediror.
c) save as it as bg.png and screen.jpg
8)OPEN screen.jpg , main_box.png, text.png with GIMP [you may skip]
9) main_box.png, text.png use tool to copy and past on screen.jpg and save screen.jpg only. [you may skip]
(you can modify other image also)
10) Now rename Arc-GDM.xml as my-GDM.xml.
11) open GdmGreeterTheme.desktop
a) open gedit / other editor
b) then open GdmGreeterTheme.desktop
(Or $ gedit GdmGreeterTheme.desktop)
Thx sujitnag !!! Very good tutorial , was helpfull
... and of course ... promoted ^^^
Good tutorial Sujit..promoted
Nice and crisp
I would check your spelling more thoroughly(such as "past unde your mdmtheme folder" should be under, I think).
Though even I am terrible at it, I would try to clarify and elaborate a bit more.