8 years ago
1. RIght-Click on the panel
2. Click Properties
3. Go to Backgrounds and set the background to Solid Color
4. Set the style full transparent.
1. Open the the terminal
2. Put sudo cp -R /usr/share/themes/Mint-X ~/.themes/
3. And then also put sudo pluma ~/.themes/Mint-X/gtk-2.0/Apps/panel.rc This action in the terminal will open up the document for the panel with the default editor (pluma)
4. Find 2 lines with bg_pixmap[NORMAL] = "/Panel/panelbg.png" # Disable for normal
5. Comment out those 2 lines This will take off the non-transperacy of some of the applets because this image is what the applets put their background as.
6. Logout and Log back in
FINISHED I hope you guys liked it and plz share your opinions
This was only tested on Mate so far but it should work for other DE's
Thanks for the feedback and the tutorial as been updated.
the first one won't work for other DE's but i think the second one will.
and putting a # before the 2 lines is better than deleting them. that way you can easily revert any time you want.
any way, it helped me learning something, so promoting...
Would you please reconsider your opinion to this tutorial?
What version of mint, what desktop?