They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back
Written by:
Brahim
Score: 9
votes: 12
Format: Article

How to get The Sound Working In Skype With Linux Mint 16 Petra 64bit version

1- To fix the Skype no sound / distorted sound issue in Linux Mint 16, Get skype at http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/ then install pulse audio plugins in 32bit:

sudo apt-get install libasound2-plugins:i386

If this does not solve your problem proceed with this:

1- run the following command

sudo sed -i 's/^Exec=.*/Exec=env PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=30 skype %U/' /usr/share/applications/skype.desktop

2- Add skype icon to desktop then rightclick on it and replace

skype U%

with

env PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=30 skype

in the command field.

So it looks like this:

Use the same command if you want to add skype to startup applications.

That's it guys :D

Tags: How to get The Sound Working In Skype With Linux Mint 16 Petra 64bit version
Created: 3 years ago.
Last edited: 3 years ago.
Reviewed: 3 years ago.
Read 0 times.

Comments
3 years ago

dmonka
Thanks! Is perfect and also works in the 32 version  
3 years ago

dstar69
Thanks also to glyssandrides who mentioned that this works on 32-bit version!  
3 years ago

glyssandrides
Thanks a lot for this! It also works on the 32-bit version. I have been struggling with this problem for a few days now and tried all sorts of things.

3 years ago

straylite
I tried installing Petra and Skype audio would work but would not see the pulseaudio server so that any time another application used the soundcard *poof* no audio in Skype. Went back to Nadia.  
3 years ago

remoulder
The latest version of skype for linux can be simply installed via the software manager, no additional repos or command line editing required. Skype troubleshooting including the pulse latency delay is widely documented on the ubuntu and debian wiki pages, no need to repeat it here because one particular method works for you.  

Other tutorials from Brahim