Bitcasa cloud storage

mhajarat
  10 years ago

Bitcasa is a cloud storage service, gives you 10GB for free, and can be 20GB. if you want more it is cheaper compared to the opther cloud storage. you need to sign up on their site, then to sync with your Linux Mint, do the folloiwng:

<style type="text/css"> p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }code.western { font-family: "DejaVu Sans Mono",monospace; }code.cjk { font-family: "DejaVu Sans Mono",monospace; }code.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }a:link { } </style>

1- on terminal:

sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://dist.bitcasa.com/release/apt debian main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bitcasa-release.list'

2-

wget -O- http://dist.bitcasa.com/release/bitcasa-releases.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -

................Capital O..................after the wget -

3-

sudo apt-get update

4-

sudo apt-get install bitcasa

5- now create a folder to sync your bitcasa to, like /home/user/Bitcasa   where user is your name

6-

sudo mount -tbitcasa

like:

sudo mount -tbitcasa john@gmail.com /home/john/Bitcasa

will ask for password, it is the bitcasa account password.

7- to make it mount on boot, need to change fstab

open /etc/fstab for editing, anyway you like, it needs super previliges to open it, I find the easiest is to install gksu and gedit, if you don't have them already:

sudo apt-get install gedit

sudo apt-get install gksu

sudo apt-get update

then to edit /etc/fstab:

gksu gedit /ect/fstab

now add the folloiwng line to fstab:

<bitacasa ccount email>  <bitcasa folder path>    bitcasa  _netdev,password=passwordhere  0  0

with at least two spaces between entries like:

john@gmail.com  /home/john/Bitcasa   bitcasa  _netdev,password=johnspassword  0   0 

Comments
mhajarat 10 years ago

@tekneeque. can you give more details? can you log on line using your browser but not under Linux, or when you put your password on Terminal?

xenopeek 10 years ago

mhajarat, the first fstab example line near the, end under "now add the folloiwng line to fstab:", has a clickable link with your email address. Perhaps edit that.

mhajarat 10 years ago

Thank you. Hammer459 and Jahid.

Hammer459 10 years ago

Now the tutorial is readable and it also works very well
Promoting

jahid_0903014 10 years ago

now the font color is comfortable for eye.....

mhajarat 10 years ago

Anyone interetsed in Bitcasa? if you are interested and want to sign up for bitcasa, can you please send me your email? just write it in the comment. I will send you an invitation, this way I get more free space if you sign up.

Hammer459 10 years ago

Stop whining like a little school boy.
It is a tutorial by definition of the type "Article" by definition since it is published in the Tutorials section.
The readability is bad because of the extremely bad font colour as others commented too. Here you had two choices. Fix the font or rant and rave and whine like a kid.
The CSS tag looks bad and there you als had two choices. Remove the CSS or complain about the site that does things.
Then you call me names for pointing this out and suggesting how to make this a good tutorial. Yes presentation makes a difference and a clean simple presentation gives more confidence than hard to read and strange html code.
Then you say that I should not comment if I have never posted a tutorial here. I am not saying you can not post here even though you have never posted kernel code or testes kernel. All I am saying is please fix the bad presentation and I will take a second look at a Tutorial that has potential to be good value.
Bitcasa in it self is quite good and almost as easy to install as dropbox. But it only provides 10GB not 25...

Hammer459 10 years ago

Oh and one more thing Mr Grumpy. No I have not contributed any Tutorial as that is part of my work and my employer does not allow it.
But you are too focussed on being upset to listen to professional advice given to you for free.

Hammer459 10 years ago

I do focus on useability. The useability of a tutorial that is very hard to read due to a silly font colour. I do know how to copy text but I should not have to do that to read the tutorial, now should I.
In honest I wanted to share my thoughts on why this is not as good as it could be but you take that the wrong way and in bad form bash me. That is not the way to behave in a community

jahid_0903014 10 years ago

good information... but the colors are not so comfortable for eye. it's making it hard to read. i think you should change the color. may be a bold font with black color would be more comfortable for eye.
It seems to me that it is a useful tutorial, so you should make it easier for the people who will read it and use it.

Hammer459 10 years ago

Setting a funky baby blue font does not improve the tutorial, it makes it harder to read.
Not terminating your CSS tags makes the tutorial look unfinished.
Requiring gedit and gksu is just plain wrong, I have neither and still I am able to edit system files (sudo emacs works)
Once you fix this I'll give it a testrun but it looks sort of right.