Installing Teletalk Flash Modem in Linux Mint/Ubuntu
This tutorial is mainly written for Bangladeshi people
To install Teletalk Flash modem software in Linux Mint or Ubuntu follow the instructions below:
#1. Installing in Linux Mint 32bit/64bit & Ubuntu 32bit:
First check if ia32-libs are installed (open software manager and search for it) if you have a 64bit system. If not then install it from synaptic/software manager.
Insert your usb modem to a usb port. Then open the modem directory (it is mounted as a CD ROM). Go to the folder named "Linux". Open the archive with archive manager (double click on the file). Now extract it on your Downloads folder (or anywhere else).
Now run these codes in terminal:
change the directory path accordingly if you extracted the archive in another directory other than /home/user/Downloads.
After some time it will finish installing and ask for any key be pressed. Press any key and it will launch the modem connection manager window. Close this window for now.
Now Go to the /usr/share/applications directory and look for Teletalk_3G. There you will find a .desktop file named Teletalk_3G.desktop. Open this file as root with a text editor:
In Linux Mint:
First open the folder as root then right click on the file and select "open with" and then text editor.
open a terminal and give command:
sudo apt-get install gksu
gksudo gedit /usr/share/applications/Teletalk_3G.desktop
Look at the context of the file and find a line that says Exec=Teletalk_3G and change it to Exec=gksudo "Teletalk_3G"
Now you can find this Teletalk_3G entry in the menu->Internet->Teletalk 3G. Run from there and connect to internet.
N.B: It will ask for root password every time you run it.
#2. Installing in Ubuntu 64 bit:
You first need to install ia32-libs in ubuntu. If you are running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS then you won't find this in the repo. For that case run these codes:
Now you can follow the instructions for installing in Linux Mint (#1) from above.
Tags: Teletalk 3G, Teletalk modem, ZTE MF193E, Teletalk in linux
Created: 2 years ago.
Last edited: 9 months ago.
Reviewed: 2 years ago.
Read 0 times.
|1 year ago||
The correct archive is the one that resides inside the Linux folder. The name for my modem is PCL_TLKBGL.tar.gz. extracting this you should get the install.sh file and the archive Teletalk_3G.tar.gz. run the install.sh file opening a terminal in that folder.
Other tutorials from jahid_0903014
- Installing softwares in linux
- Share internet from Linux to windows with squid3 proxy server
- Connecting Realtek wireless modems in linux
- Type in your native language in Linux Mint
- Install Matlab in linux
- install latest eclipse in linux mint
- Adding new item in the menu
- Connecting Zoom Ultra modem in Linux Mint
- install latest Netbeans (7.4) in Linux mint
- Editing fstab to automount partitions at startup
- System Backup: A manual approach
- Share internet from your linux distro to your android phone
- Full system upgrade to a newer release without fresh install
- Dim laptop monitor immediately after the laptop being unplugged
- How to install or uninstall kernel in linux
- How to customize Linux Mint live cd/dvd
- How to install Mediatek MT7630E wireless LAN driver in Linux Mint/Ubuntu
- Installing Unreal Engine in Linux Mint/Ubuntu
- How to make a self-extracting shell script from a TAR archive