Problem Driver Installation Nvidia "Recommended" in Mint

visterine
  9 years ago

important:

1- I recommend having a previous Kernel installed to give error if the installation can be reversed. If you do not install one.
2 Access the Drivers Manager (Driver Manager) and note the default driver name installed. You may need it to reverse the operation.

From what I understand here in my pc the Mint is unable to restart the graphic ambiante after installing Nvidia driver. When restarted the pc after the Grub screen was black and crashed. After research I realized I could be the problem and the solution is quite simple.

So here we go:

Here we go:

1- Get your driver installer, in my case use Linux Mint. Click on the logo of the Mint> System> Driver Manager. Ubuntu should be like.
2- Install the recommended Nvidia driver. In my case I use Linux Mint XFCE 17.1 Rebecca X64, Ubuntu base 14:04. The recommended driver is 331.89. Wait for the installation.
3- After installation, press Ctrl + Alt + F1 (or F2, F3, F4, F5, F6) to switch to the command console; the Mint, Ctrl + Alt + F5 to access the console.
4- Then, enter your user name and password;
5 Stop the current graphical session with one of the commands below, according to the login manager you are using (if you do not know in your search Distro):

sudo service LightDM stop

sudo service gdm stop

sudo service mdm stop
(Environment Mint 17.1)

6. Restart the graphical session with one of the commands below, according to the login manager you are using:

sudo service LightDM start

sudo service gdm start

sudo service mdm start
(Environment Mint 17.1)

7. Exit the command console with Ctrl + Alt + F1 (or F2, F3, F4, F5, F6). In Mint Ctrl + Alt + F7.

8. You will get the login screen. Enter username and password.

9 Confirm the Driver Manager (Drive Manager) is the process
work and the recommended Nvidia driver is enabled.

10- Turn off or restart the computer. Confirm again in the Driver Manager (Drive Manager).

Ready enjoy your Nvidia card.
Occurred error, go with another kernel in recovery mode (Recovery), go to the Driver Manager and revert to the default X.org Drive. as instructed earlier this tutorial.

Free translation with Googlr translator.
source: http://dicaspcsegurancaedesempenho.blogspot.com.br/2015/01/instalar-o-driver-nvidia-33189-no-linux.html

Comments
eagleone 9 years ago

Hi,
I am having the same problem with my Nvidia, but only get a black screen with mouse pointer and can not do this fix can you help me.

MagicMint 9 years ago

You can spare points 3–7 if you set (as I would _always_ recommend) cinnamon’s System Settings› Hardware› Keyboard› Keyboard shortcuts› System› Log out to Ctrl-Alt-Delete before…