Using the SanDisk Clip Sport with Banshee

Chaotajo
  8 years ago

Preliminary Steps:

1. Go to the Sandisk site, download, and install the firmware update (I used method #2).

2. Create a plain text file (.txt) in the players root folder named .is_audio_player (view hidden files to see it). Inside the file put:

audio_folders=Music/,Podcasts/

podcast_path=Podcasts/

Output_formats=audio/ogg,audio/mp3/audio/m4a.audio/flac,audio/wma,audio/wav,audio/aa

Note: you will also need to do this for your Micro SDHC card. If you have a card that has a capacity above 32 Gig, you will need to reformat from exFAT to FAT-32.

Loading is just drag-and drop from Banshee.

Creating a Playlist:

The SanDisk Clip Sport likes to have all the music for the playlist in one folder. Create it in a file browser and drag all your songs into it. Put the folder into the player's Music folder. Open up EasyTAG and create a playlist (.m3u), saving it to the folder.

Audio-books and Pod-casts

You can drag-and-drop from Banshee, although this tends to place the podcasts in the music folder. I usually use the file manager to keep them in the Podcasts file.

Enjoy your audio smiley Let me know if you have any tips or tricks of your own.

Comments
RayWoods 9 years ago

All I do is plug my SanDisk Clip into my computer and, once the File Manager opens up with the SanDisk Clip's content, I just press f3 to open another panel. With one panel kept on the Clip, I navigate to my Music folder in the other and transfer the required files/folders by drag and drop.