12 years ago
A bookmarklet allows you to add videos to the Linux Mint Community Videos website with one click, without having to return to the site homepage:
1. Enable the "bookmarks" toolbar in your browser.
2. Open this page and drag the link "Add to Linux Mint Community Videos" into the bookmarks toolbar. It will now become a button you can see while on any website.
3. When visiting a webpage with a video you would like to add to the Linux Mint Community Videos website, simply click on the button now embedded in your bookmarks toolbar.
4. A new window will pop-up with the second step of the submit process, giving you a chance to fill in any missing fields and then submit. Maximize the pop-up window and scroll it using the "Page Down" and the "Page Up" keys to see the Submit button.
5. The video will appear on the Linux Mint Community Videos website after it is approved by the superuser.
Remoulder: I'm not saying you're wrong about that, but I was wondering. At what point do we draw the line between someone doing something for the community and someone doing something for themselves and promoting it within the community? The idea for a unified video site was discussed for a while, with everyone saying it was a good idea, but nothing moving forward until Alexio created this site in response.
I personally feel, whether he's promoting his own site or not, this might be something that was done with the community as a whole in mind, with the community backing the idea. I suppose it would have to come down to the Mint team officially giving Alexio their blessings on the site before it is an official Mint site. I don't know.
At any rate, I'm supporting this, because it's all we've got until there is an official Mint team-supported video site. I was personally very close to setting up a YouTube site for the same purpose until I saw this.
This seems to be a promotional post for you website