How to install a Canon MX885 MFP device

macalga
  12 years ago

The MFP Canon PIXMAMX885 is a high-end device offering copying, facsimile, duplex, ADF up to 35 double-sided documents, Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB, ...

PIXMA-MS885

For more details see all the specs here .

Canon offers drivers for Mac OS X, Windows (2000, XP, Vista and Seven 32-64 32-64) and Linux (RedHat and Debian).
Page of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) is here .
The download page for drivers, programs, manuals and firmware is here .

To install on Linux you need to download the Linux IJ Printer Driver (Linux IJ Printer Driver MX880 series.tar) and Linux IJ Scanner Driver (Linux Scanner Driver MX880 IJ series.tar).

Here is the installation procedure:

• unzip the downloaded files in respective directories
    use the command tar zxvf filename
  • Open a Terminal window and following your Linux distribution, go to the subdirectory or-deb-rpm
    eg / home/clevo/Downloads/_LinuxDrivers/DriversCANON_MX885_Linux/Linux IJ Printer Driver MX880 series/cnijfilter-mx880series-3.50-1-rpm
  • encode the command ./install.sh to begin the installation
  • repeat for the other driver (scanner or printer)

Normally, you should be able to print and scan without problems with USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

If you encounter problems with your scanner's recognition system, here's what to do:

• see the documentation directory, the solution is there
  • start gimp and try to scan a document by choosing File-Create-ScanGearMP
    Scanner un document
  • if the scanner does not appear, close Gimp
  • in a Terminal window, encode the following command:
    Fedora-32 ln-sf / usr / local / bin / scangearmp / usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins
    Fedora-64 ln-sf / usr / local / bin / scangearmp / usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins
    Ubuntu sudo ln-sf / usr / bin / scangearmp / usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins
  • restart gimp and try again a scan by clicking the button Ipdate Scanner List window ScanGearMP
    Update Scanner List
  • it should work
Comments
kazztan0325 12 years ago

It is a careful tutorial!

When I was a Windows user, I used Canon MP610, but I have not connected it to Katya yet...