Upgrade Install Thunderbird 5 via PPA linux mint

Morttis
  12 years ago

Photobucket

Mozilla Thunderbird was the candidate of default mail client application in ubuntu 11.010 (Oneric Ocelot). Yesterday, Mozilla Thunderbird 5 has released and available for download.

Install Mozilla Thunderbird 5 via PPA

Mozilla Thunderbird 5 also available on PPA, you can install / Upgrade to Mozilla Thunderbird 5 through PPA below :

• sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get install thunderbird

install/upgrade Mozilla Thunderbird 5. PPA

• sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-next
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get upgrade

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

I put it in Spanish but the English :D

Comments
AcolyteVersion1 12 years ago

Very nice little tutorial - thanks.

ivy_s 12 years ago

Nice one @Morttis:

blueXrider 12 years ago

It would be better to use the repositories. If you had issues it is a lot easier to remove / install.

BTW t-bird 6 beta is out.

remoulder 12 years ago

It is not necessary to use the terminal and this only puts off many users imo, especially when you assume users know where to put the commands you post. Add repositories via Software Sources and install or update via package manager and mint update.

kazztan0325 12 years ago

@Morttis:
Thanks for your information!

Morttis 12 years ago

I installed the ppa works great if you can check. your website there noveades say I use this client to read my emails actually fix it some things are stable.Is your end version you should visit the source if they have questionshttps://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

blueXrider 12 years ago

What is the advantage to the upgrade
Should we do it to fix "bugs"
Faster, more stable, what?

kazztan0325 12 years ago

May I ask you a question?

When we want to install Thunderbird 5, Should we add not only 'ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable' but also 'ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-next'?