How to Mount a Network Drive (DNS-323) in Linux Mint
1. Install the smbfs package;
2. Create the directory for the mount (ex: /media/lua);
3.1 If you want to have the drive mounted only once use the mount command:
sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.0.199/Volume_1/Pessoais /media/lua -o guest,rw,uid=1000,gid=1000,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777
3.2 If you want to have the drive mounted every time you boot, edit the /etc/fstab file:
//192.168.0.199/Volume_1/Pessoais /media/lua cifs guest,rw,uid=1000,gid=1000,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0
4. To load the fstab just type on the console:
sudo mount -a
Using NFS (if you have the 1.08 firmware or higher on the DNS-323):
(important: this instructions work but with firmware 1.09 I found NFS to be quite unstable)
1. Install nfs-common package;
2. Install NFS on the DNS-323 (you have to download the Add-On from the D-Link site and install/activate it on the Add-Ons section of the administration page of DNS-323). Add on Network Access configuration of the DNS-323 the IPs of the machines which you want to have access to the drive. Later, if you have some problems connecting to the DNS-323 after a restart you may have to stop/restart the NFS service;
3. Create the directory for the mount (ex: /media/lua);
4. Edit the /etc/fstab file and write something like:
192.168.0.199:/mnt/HD_a2/Pessoais /media/lua nfs users,rw,auto 0 0
5. To load the fstab just type on the console:
sudo mount -a
- You will have to adapt the above commands to your IP and folders;
- To edit the /etc/fstab just select "Open as administrator" with your mouse right button.
Tags: network drive dns-323
Created: 6 years ago.
Last edited: 5 years ago.
Read 4510 times.
|3 years ago||
|Thank you for the help! Had to install cifs-utils though to get the mount instructions to work.|
|4 years ago||
I'm an absolute newbie. I don't even know how to create a directory (step 2). Could this be written so that a person as green as the Mint color on my desktop would understand it?
|5 years ago||
|Thank you! Working great using NFS with firmware 1.09.|
|6 years ago||
|I have a question how to mount a printer that is on server and want to access from the client of that server. The client may be mint 8 or 9|