Adding a graphic equalizer to your audio suite

carlp101
  12 years ago

At last. After a lot of searching for graphic equalizer I found a good one. It's a 15 band equalizer and comes with many presets, or you can save your own settings.

Download the PulseAudio Equalizer from:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu/pool/main/p/pulseaudio-equalizer/pulseaudio-equalizer_2.7.0.2-2~webupd8~oneiric3_all.deb

Install it with:

sudo dpkg -i pulseaudio-equalizer_2.7.0.2-2~webupd8~oneiric3_all.deb

You may need to install the pre-requisits: swh-plugins ladspa-sdk

sudo apt-get install swh-plugins ladspa-sdk

Enjoy!

Comments
Mike_Waters 5 years ago

I'm confident that this worked on earlier versions; However, this did not work for me. I'm using LM MATE 18.3, and it's up-to-date. From what I've found so far in *many* searches, there is just no audio equalizer available for 18.3, either command-line or graphical.

Can anyone help me? TIA.

KIMW 5 years ago

This method works BUT you have to go to:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu/pool/main/p/pulseaudio-equalizer/
and get the latest deb for your distribution.

@damonh
For security reason (especially for noobs) it's not a good idea to allow people to have access a computer via ppa.

damonh 7 years ago

It doesn't work for Linux Mint 18.1. Now you should install it like this:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install pulseaudio-equalizer

mickG 8 years ago

After installing, works for me like Romuald says : mkdir .pulse
Thanks

Romuald 8 years ago

I had the same issue. the reason was that PulseAudio Equalizer couldn't create a new directory in the non-existing directory .pulse in my home directory.

Solution to the problem:
in a terminal:

mkdir .pulse

solved!

aneuronal 8 years ago

Didn't startup for me too but with the instruction of @harlekein is working!! thx harlekein!!

moithil 8 years ago

Didn't startup for me...
installed the pre-requisits before installing the deb file but doesn't startup.

derekfoulk 9 years ago

Yeah, this did not work for me. I made sure prereqs were installed and yet nothing launches when I attempt to open equalizer. Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64-bit.

prasadkumar013 12 years ago

I have been wanting an equalizer badly and this one solved it. Simple and straight forward.