LMDE, Make Ath9k drivers fast again [Quick fix]

Cythes
  11 years ago

This is a tutorial for any one who was having issues with ath9k drivers in LMDE So lets get started:

Conventions (color code) used:

• Commands
  • notes
  • file additions
  • Step markers

Commands used:

• inxi -Nxx
  • ls
  • sudo
  • nano

Step one: Identify your driver with the Command: inxi -Nxx 

Note: this is not the only command that workes to do this however its the one that worked for me.

Step two: Look into the directory of the config file: ls /etc/modprobe.d/

Note: Alternately you can change directory(cd) into the modprobe.d directory and just "ls" from in the dir itself. 

If its there, you will see "ath9.conf" if not we need to make the file. It can be a new file just so it has what we are going to put into it.

Step three: Open the file like this: sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/ath9.conf

If the file was not in the directory it will make it in doing this command. Also note that you will need to use sudo to write the file to the directory.

Step four: Open file surgery (Lets call it a heart replacement) simply add the following line (It will work if its a premade file or one you just created): options ath9k nohwcrypt=1

Save and reboot with all luck when you start your network you should be enjoying your normal network speeds now.
Comments
thestoryiheard 10 years ago

Well, it doesn't work for me...

I had been added options ath9k nohwcrypt=1 and rebooted, but same low upload speed.

chassum 11 years ago

I like the looks of this tutorial. You might want to have some verbage explaining why the change is needed.