They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back
Written by:
Alexio
Score: 16
votes: 21
Format: Link to other website

How to get and install Linux games - Full tutorial

Find out everything you wanted to know about Linux games by reading the article published on Dedoimedo.com

Table of Contents:

1. Game categories
  2. Games developed to run natively on Linux
  3. Windows games
  4. DOS games
  5. Browser games
  6. Other suggestions
  7. Conclusion

Tags: games, repositories, downloads, sources, CrossOver, Cedega, WINE, virtualization, DOSBox, Flash, Java
Created: 3 years ago.
Last edited: 3 years ago.
Reviewed: 2 years ago.
Read 2840 times.

Comments
1 year ago

tpapastylianou
This post is a bit dated; just adding for the sake of people still bumping into it: The Desura and Steam digital distribution clients are now both available on linux. :)

Make way for the year of the linux desktop! \o/ :p

1 year ago

Thinker
Thanks(3)  
2 years ago

Miquel_Ubuntero
You're right! This is a FULL tutorial. Thanks for your work.  
3 years ago

tpapastylianou
I'm assuming everybody bought the humble indie bundle and it needs no introduction in the linux world? :)
http://www.humblebundle.com/

3 years ago

zaenal1234
very useful.= +1  
3 years ago

tpapastylianou
Also, the article above mentions wine, but neglects to mention PlayOnLinux, which automates much of the process of installing games (and other popular windows software) on wine.  
3 years ago

tpapastylianou
That guide neglects a very important aspect: commercial linux games.
It's a mixed blessing that conversations about linux games always end up around the 'freedom' argument and neglect commercial offerings; which is probably what will drive linux game demand in the first place.

• >Lin-app.com< and >Penguspy< are excellent linux game portals (mostly commercial offerings, but quality free offerings also listed in both)

• I liked the >Playdeb< option mentioned above

• I have mentioned >djl< elsewhere, which is quite a nifty idea, modeled after the Steam client paradigm.

3 years ago

Elisa
Good
+1

Other tutorials from Alexio